Today was a big day in our house. It marked the first day of Kindergarten for Miss Sydney Gabrielle and the first day of 1st Grade for Mr Gage Grant! Everyone was very excited in preparation for the day. Gage struggled going to bed the night before, he was so excited and tried to "pull" the excitement out of his head. Sydney was up at 6:45 today, an hour before normal and was ready to get dressed with shoes and backpack by 7:15....keep in mind, we do NOT have to leave the house until 8:25 or 8:30.
No tears from either munchkin, but of course, tears from Mom! I just could not believe my baby girl was going to school without mom to coach her along.
Gage got in the 1st grade boys line and was ready to head in, so Sydney and I headed to the Kindergarten classes. Normally, I wouldn't walk them in, but I felt I had to with Syd. We got to class and I watched her for a minute while the teacher was helping everyone and Sydney was excited to hang her backpack. As I walked away, my baby girl comes running up behind me with this scared look on her face. She couldn't find her name to hang her backpack on the hook. Awww!! I took her back as another teacher began to help her and sent me on my way. That was when the sunglasses came off my head and back on my eyes to hide the tears began to stream down both cheeks!! OMG! I couldn't believe I was crying and how in the world would she make it all day without me!
Well, she did, they both did! They had excellent days and are ready to go back. Sydney has the same teacher gage had, Mr Greve. He will be great! Gage's teacher is Miss Sitzman and she is sooo young! Lots of energy to keep up with those 1st graders, I suppose. Gage's class is a new one this year and he will be with the same class and teacher all the way through 2nd grade. It is a type of teaching called "Looping". It has shown great benefits for students having the same teacher for both years, so we are excited to see this work out.
Here are some pictures from the big day.
No comments:
Post a Comment