Happy Fall!

Happy Fall!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope your turkey day was wondeful and full of thankfulness. There are many things I am thankful for but the top of mind would be our health and this incredible family I have!! God bless all of you during these holidays!
I made my first turkey dinner this year. My dad and his wife, Shirley, from Idaho came in for a visit and we hung out here, eating turkey, watching movies and playing cards. After we said our dinner prayer, we all said what we were thankful for. The kids were cute, Gage is thankful for Mom, Dad, Sydney, Grandpa and Shirley (all in sight) and Sydney was thankful for EVERYONE. Funny story, though, you see, I bought a 12-pound turkey and everyone said, "wow that is a dinky one!" I don't care for leftovers and having turkey soup, turkey sandwiches, turkey tacos and whatever else you can make with turkey just did not sound all that inviting to me. So, how perfect when the Butterball website said that for 4 adults & 2 kids, a 10 lb turkey is recommended and to top it off, only 1-2 days of leftovers, YES! I scored! Here are a few pictures from our Thanksgiving day.

















No comments: