How can something make a person have so many different kinds of emotions?! Excitement, anxious, nervous, sad!! All of those wrapped up into my head about this upcoming move happening in 12 days!
So excitement...I am totally stoked for more room and a neighborhood full of new friends for the kids! A new chapter in our life is starting and new memories will be made in our new home! Abby will finally get her own place to sleep and not have to bunk with mom and dad anymore.
Anxious?! Ready for this to be done! Papers signed, boxes packed, moved and unpacked!! Having a house on the market, then selling and packing, then moving is rough with 3 kids, so I am anxious to have this ALL behind us!!
Nervous....am I really? Yes, what if? What if, the furnace goes out next winter? What if the a/c goes out this summer? What if I can't find a place for all of our stuff? Ahhhhhh!!
Sad is a BIG one!! As I pack and take pictures off the walls here, it is soo bittersweet!
Nine years ago, Rich and I bought this house, knowing we would someday have a family. How can you just leave behind a house that has seen so many memories?! The life and death of our dear Dexter, the birth of our 3 extraordinary kiddos, lots of birthday parties and family gatherings, remodels, painting, picture taking, picture hanging, Santa visits and soo much more! Not to mention the last couple summers of late teenage parties next door and even calling the cops! Oh yeah and the neighbors calling in our annoying barking white dog!! Ugh, he better stop with the privacy fence! What else? I could go on and on! Swimming and sledding in the backyard and the summer that Uncle Cody helped Gage move the pool to the bottom of the slide so he could slide right into the water!
No matter what the emotion, I know this is the right move and I am ready to move on to make new memories! Just get me there.....I am doing it with my new favorite wine, Moscato D'Asti! It is really helping! Hee hee
Thanks for letting me vent!!
No comments:
Post a Comment