Happy Fall!

Happy Fall!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

A busy week!

We have had quite a busy month since July rolled in! The month started off with a trip to Kansas City for 4th of July weekend! We stayed downtown at the Crown Center and spent one day at the Union Station/Science City Museum, then spent a day at Worlds of Fun. The trip was great. Our hotel had an outside pool with a spectacular fireworks view the night of the 4th. The kids had a great time and it was nice to get away for a few days!


Then came July 8th! Sydney turned 5! It just so happened I scheduled her Kindergarten physical on the this same day and she started out with 4 shots and a finger poke for blood. What a bad mom I am...but since I took the day off, I had to make it extra productive. She was a trooper and after picking up Aunt Lauren we headed off to the zoo for the day. We had a lot of fun and were able to catch a ride on the new Skyfari again. It was Aunt Lauren's first ride and she said it was a little scary at first, but then she was fine.

After the zoo visit, we had a scheduled ultrasound and doctor visit to find out the sex of the baby! Gage, Sydney, Lauren, Rich and I all piled into to the ultrasound room to find out whether we were having a he or a she! And the verdict is, for those who don't already know, a GIRL! yes, pink is in the cards for us again. Sydney's response was "Yes!", Gage's response was "Oh, man!" and I think Lauren was speechless and still a little caught off guard by the "alien" on the screen above us. All is going well. I am 18 1/2 weeks and will be going for a follow up ultrasound on July 23 to double check some measurements they couldn't get. I am still a little caught off guard that I can start calling this tummy movement a "she".... We have started talking about names and if Rich and I would just agree, this whole name choosing activity would be much simpler!!





No comments: