Happy Fall!

Happy Fall!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Parenthood

First of all, I would like to give a big congratulations to my cousin, Hannah Stavish and her husband Mike in Oregon! They were blessed with a beautiful baby boy on Saturday named Jack Thomas! Welcome to parenthood!!

It has been a busy week! Rich has been working evenings the last couple weeks. He is at a Wells Fargo bank and they don't let them get in there until 4:00, then he has to be out by 1:00am when security leaves. makes it tough on us, but it should all wrap up by Thursday!

Gage's 2nd quarter conferences were last night. He is making it through Kindergarten and learning quite a bit along the way. It is pretty amazing how much they learn and how well he can write, dictate sentences and even read. Pretty cool. Then, we hit the book fair at school, because I am a sucker for more books!!

Sydney has had an exciting week working on her valentine's day cards for school. Thanks to her enthusiasm, the party is a week away and the cards, as well as favor bags are all ready to go. She took the class list and wrote them out to all her classmates and then signed her name. She did AWESOME. It was funny, because she didn't even want to stop. At bedtime last night, she laid across the cards on the table, crying because she needed to finish. She got over it, but tonight when we arrived home after school, it was straight to the cards. I think she has a little of her mom's OCD in making sure a project gets finished!!!

As for me, we had a work outing/team event on Tuesday, bowling at Thunder Alley. It was fun, because I am a closet bowling nut. My high game was 156, which is pretty good since I haven't bowled in a year or so. We are going to take the kids bowling this weekend, so watch out!!!! I will also be heading out of town next Sunday the 15th to Phoenix for 3 days. I am on a compensation committee for a Food Industry Group through work and we have an annual conference/meeting. I get to hobnob with Kraft, General Mills, Dr Pepper Snapple, Pepsi and lots of other yummy companies!! It will be all HR/comp technical, analytical nerds (like myself), but should be fun.

Well that is all for our homestead this week. Love is in the Air, so Happy Valentines Day!!

No comments: