Happy Fall!

Happy Fall!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Recovering.....

It is already beyond the middle of January in the new year and my resolutions have been forgotten. Oh wait, I didn't make any. LOL It certainly would not be to keep up on postings to my blog, or at least ones people are interested in, because that is so hard to do. I guess if I had to just throw one out there, it would be to "enjoy life as much as possible!" It is going by so fast and I don't want to miss a thing. Rich and I hit a big milestone in November. For those of you who don't know, we met in high school and in November, it had been 15 years since we "made it official", no more dating others, we were the property of each other, for lack of better words. Yikes, 15 years, where did it go? He is the love of my life and will kill me for posting it on this blog, but it's true. So for 2009, it is important that he and I sit back together and share in the growth of our kids, the fun friends in our lives and the special bond we have with each other and our families.

I subscribe to Real Simple magazine and if you have never read it, it has some great ideas and tips for keeping your life simple and fun. It also has some fun stats on a variety of topics. I will try to regularly post some tips and stats that I feel are good ones, here are a couple from February's issue.

Double-duty Household Items

Cooking Spray
Original purpose: Making life easier for your spatula
Aha! Use: Averting icy buildup. Before clearing snow off a driveway, sidewalk or porch, liberally spray both sides of a plastic or metal shovel with cooking spray. The ice will slide right off the oily surface.

Business-card Organizer
Original Purpose: Alphabetizing your contacts
Aha! Use: Reducing handbag clutter. Catalog the family's club cards and gift cards according to store name.

Tennis Ball
Original purpose: Volleying across the net
Aha! Use: Opening a tightly closed jar. Carefully slice a ball in half with a box cutter or an X-Acto knife. Use its rubber lining to grip a stubborn lid as you twist to open.

Also, I just returned from vacation...so stay tuned for my resort critiquing and for the fun time we had!!

No comments: