Tonight was a bittersweet moment for Miss Sydney Sayles. She has officially graduated our of Pre-K and is ready for the big world of Kindergarten in the Fall. Her preschool held a graduation ceremony with videos, music, caps, gowns, diplomas and of course, tears (by mom)!! She did so awesome. It was a lot of fun to watch her up there like such a big girl who used to cling to my leg and was terrified to go in front of a big crowd. This room had about 50 moms, dad, grandmas, grandpas, brothers and sisters all staring at her and her classmates. Here are a couple shots of her getting her diploma and hanging with her brother.

"Dear Parents,
I give your back your child, the same child you confidently entrusted to my care last fall. I give her back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser, more responsible, and more mature than she was then. Although she would have attained this growth in spite of me, it has been my pleasure and privilege to watch her personality unfold day by day and marvel at the splendid miracle of development. I give her back reluctantly, for having spent nine months together. We have grown close, have become a part of each other and we shall always retain a little of each other. Ten years from now if we met on the street, your child and I, a light will shine to our eyes, a smile to our lips, and we shall feel the bond of understanding once more, this bond we feel today. We have lived, loved, laughed, played, studied, learned and enriched our lives together this year. I wish it could go on indefinitely, but give her back I must. Take care of her, for she is precious. Remember that I shall always be interested in your child and her destiny, wherever she goes, whatever she does, whoever she becomes. Her joys and sorrows, I'll be happy to share. I shall always be her friend. I have loved your child."
Author Unknown

1 comment:
Way to go Sydney!!! Kindergarten will be so fun for you. It seems like just yesterday you and your cousin Kaleigh were tiny babies!!
Post a Comment